Boston Materials is an engineering and manufacturing company located in Billerica, MA. We have developed the world’s first Super Composites, a new material that addresses the fundamental issues in composite technology. These three-dimensionally reinforced structures enable the construction of lighter, more cost-effective, and damage-tolerant components to accelerate breakthroughs across composite industries.
This role will work closely with the engineering, manufacturing, and operations teams. A typical day ranges from hands-on quality control testing to communicating with vendors on supply chain challenges. This is a multi-faceted position that requires strong problem-solving and communication skills.
Job Responsibilities and Essential Duties
· Evaluate, implement, and improve test methods for incoming and outgoing QC
· Experience in quality control systems development
· Establish quality control metrics for raw materials, finished goods, and new products
· Communicate and train other employees on newly developed processes
· Work collaboratively across all departments both in lead and supporting roles
· Develop and administer inspection, test, and/or audit program to ensure that incoming, in-process, and finished products meet functional specifications and quality standards. Ensures completeness, accuracy, and testability of product requirements (Control plans, MSA, datasheets, inspection instructions, etc.).
· Experience in Quality, Operations, Manufacturing, Engineering, Project Management or Continuous Improvement a plus
· Lean certification and/or exposure ISO standards certification, preferred
· Strong Excel and data analysis skills
· Proven ability to implement long-standing processes
· Healthcare, dental, vision (75% covered by company)
· 13 paid holidays
· Unlimited personal time off
· Exciting, innovative workplace
Compensation - BOE
Equal Opportunity Employer
Boston Materials is at the forefront of materials innovation, the key to which is diverse teams with unique backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to employing a diverse workforce with equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, or disability.