Boston Materials is an engineering and manufacturing company located in Billerica, MA. We have developed the world’s first Super Composites, a new material that addresses the fundamental issues in composite technology. These three-dimensionally reinforced structures enable the construction of lighter, more cost-effective, and damage-tolerant components to accelerate breakthroughs across composite industries.
The Machine Operator position has the primary responsibility of product staging, machine set up, operating, cleaning, and sanitizing the machine. The duties will include coordinating with the Processing team to make ready product and machine operation.
- Record material movement in inventory systems as appropriate
- Stage product supplies to meet daily production schedule
- Operate equipment, including weight control
- Enforce safety and quality
- Document and record production and quality information as necessary
- Machine maintenance as necessary
- Minimum requirement is a High School diploma or G.E.D
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Attention to detail regarding machine operation
- Must be able to understand and follow all Safety requirements
- Must be able to lift 75 pounds
- Requires frequent bending, lifting, and twisting.
- Proven leadership ability
- Analytical & applied problem solving (troubleshooting) skills
- Computer literate
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good personal organizational skills
Equal Opportunity Employer
Boston Materials is at the forefront of materials innovation, the key to which is diverse teams with unique backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to employing a diverse workforce with equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, or disability.