Boston Materials enables product developers to break through their design trade-offs with new materials. Our first material technology, Z-axis Fiber, has a $450B+ addressable market with applications including reducing the weight and emissions of aluminum, keeping electronics cool, making highly effective hydrogen fuel cells and more. Z-axis Fiber materials are manufactured with 100% reclaimed feedstocks. Venture-backed by visionary and high-impact investors, we are building Boston Materials into the leading high-performance materials company that enables a circular economy – and we are hiring talent that share our motivation and drive.
Boston Materials is seeking an experienced Manufacturing Engineer to join our team and play a key role in process development, continuous improvement, and mechanical maintenance. The candidate will work closely with other engineers, as well as the manufacturing team. The workload will consist of both development projects (engineering design, mechanical implementation, iterations) and maintenance of existing processes (troubleshooting machine and process issues, maintaining product throughput). This is a multi-faceted role that will consist of ~50% hands-on work and ~50% computer work.
• Selection, design, installation, and maintenance of equipment and fixtures used in custom roll-to-roll manufacturing processes.
• Use CAD to design equipment and source/create fixtures to enable a variety of process flows.
• Modify PLC hardware and software to test new process flows.
• Provide technical floor support for manufacturing processes. Assist manufacturing team as needed to keep production running.
• Manage continuous improvement and quality control projects to stay within timing, budget and quality constraints.
• Design of experiments and statistical analysis to make data driven recommendations around implementation of new processes or materials.
• Update and follow maintenance schedule for manufacturing equipment.
• Document new and existing manufacturing processes.
• 5-10 years experience in manufacturing engineering, process engineering, or machine design/maintenance.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related field.
• CAD experience (preferably SolidWorks).
• Excellent Microsoft Excel and data analysis skills.
Salary and Benefits
• $115K base cash compensation + stock option package
• Healthcare, dental, vision (75% covered by Company)
• 14 paid holidays
• Unlimited personal time off
• Exciting, innovative workplace to call home
• Some experience with PLC electronics and machine control software.
• Experience with continuous improvement projects (Lean, 6 Sigma, etc.)
• Experience with CAM, CNC milling, turning, 3D printing.
• Knowledge of electrical, HVAC, or plumbing systems.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Boston Materials is at the forefront of materials innovation, the key to which is diverse teams with unique backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to employing a diverse workforce with equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.