Boston Materials is an engineering and manufacturing startup located in Billerica, MA. We have developed the world’s first Super Composites, a new material that addresses the fundamental issues in composite technology. These three-dimensionally reinforced structures enable the construction of lighter, more cost-effective, and damage tolerant components to accelerate breakthroughs across composite industries. Whether the goal is to make lighter aircrafts, stronger fan blades or more fuel-efficient vehicles, Boston Materials is at the frontline of the world’s most critical material challenges, helping to open new opportunities in product design by evolving the state-of-the-art in composite materials.
Boston Materials is seeking a skilled Process Engineer to join our team and play a key role in mechanical design, process development, and continuous improvement. The candidate will lead projects from inception to completion and work closely with process, mechanical, and materials engineers. Aspects of polymer mechanics, fluids, electrical circuitry, and thermal systems also frequently appear in projects. This is a multi-faceted role that will consist of ~50% computer work and ~50% hands-on work.
· Lead new projects from design to full-scale implementation
· Use CAD to design equipment and source/create fixtures to enable a variety of process flows
· Give regular status updates in informal team meetings
· Operate pilot production equipment to evaluate and troubleshoot new processes
· Test and iterate on polymer/chemical formulations for potential new products
· Work with manufacturing team to improve existing processes and equipment
· Independently operate CNC, 3D printer, drill press, power tools, etc.
· At least 2 years of experience in a similar role
· Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or related field
· Experience with CAD/CAM, machining, and 3D printing
· Proficient in mechanical design and assembly
· Experience designing thermal, electrical, and pneumatic systems
· Familiarity with roll-to-roll processing equipment
· Safety training in manufacturing and/or laboratory environments
• Healthcare, dental, vision (75% covered by Company)
• 14 paid holidays
• Unlimited personal time off
• Exciting, innovative workplace to call home
Equal Opportunity Employer
Boston Materials is at the forefront of materials innovation, the key to which is diverse teams with unique backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to employing a diverse workforce with equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, or disability.