Boston Materials is an engineering and manufacturing startup located in Billerica, MA. We have developed the world’s first Super Composites, a new material that addresses the fundamental issues in composite technology. These three-dimensionally reinforced structures enable the construction of lighter, more cost-effective, and damage tolerant components to accelerate breakthroughs across composite industries. Whether the goal is to make lighter aircrafts, stronger fan blades or more fuel-efficient vehicles, Boston Materials is at the frontline of the world’s most critical material challenges, helping to open new opportunities in product design by evolving the state-of-the-art in composite materials.
The Sales Operations Coordinator (SOC) administrates the sales and marketing function from our headquarters in Billerica, MA. The SOC is a key role in the sales and marketing team and is critical to the success of the sales team. The SOC is the focal point for Field Sales at headquarters and works with all aspects of the enterprise to ensure on-time order fulfillment. The SOC is the eyes and ears of the Field Sales personnel – supporting Field sales with data and status updates.
The SOC responsibilities include:
· Total ownership of the CRM software for the Sales function
o E.g. Entry of Sales Orders into the CRM software
o E.g. Entry of Purchase Requests into the CRM software
o Contact entry, admin cleanup, pursuit status updates, etc.
· Works with Operations to ensure orders are processed accurately and shipped on time
· Works with Engineering to ensure support of Field Sales when needed and ensures that engineered-to-order products are proceeding on schedule
· Is the Voice of the Customer at headquarters – ensuring that customer service requests and inquires are satisfied in a timely manner
· Schedules Field Sales personnel “demos” with customers to maximize the per day customer engagements
· Provides quotes for Make to Order and Make to Stock products in the CRM system
· Monitors online storefront and ensures online orders are fulfilled on time
· Provides customers with notification of important milestones such as delivery tracking
· Support Operations to ensure a robust supply chain is upheld, thereby minimizing any customer delivery hiccups
· Is the functional agent and point person for the Sales and Marketing function at headquarters whereby owning all sales operations processing thereby allowing the Field Sales time more time to engage customers
· Provides Field Sales with data, shipments of samples, and other sales and marketing tools /data
· Exceptional organizational skills (neatness, tidiness, task/time management)
· Excellent communication skills
· Comfortable with persistent follow-up, occasionally with assertiveness, to ensure timely results from team members
· Experience with CRM software
· Critical thinking skills
· Ability to think ahead and reduce risk
· Enjoys working in a support function
· Ability to work successful outcomes with minimal oversight
· Program or project management expertise
What does success look like? The Sales Operations Coordinator is successful when ensuring that field sales personnel can focus on business development and sales activities – customer interactions – rather than administrative tasks.
• Healthcare, dental, vision (75% covered by Company)
• 14 paid holidays
• Unlimited personal time off
• Exciting, innovative workplace to call home
Equal Opportunity Employer
Boston Materials is at the forefront of materials innovation, the key to which is diverse teams with unique backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to employing a diverse workforce with equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, or disability.